February 8 – 15, 2025
Whales, cacti and desert landscapes on Baja California
Baja California, the sparsely populated Mexican peninsula south of San Diego, is a paradise for nature lovers. Grandiose, cactus studded desert landscapes and calving whales in serene lagoons of the Pacific coast attract nature lovers from all over the world. There is no better place on earth to watch whales and their young than here.
This one week tour starts and ends in the Mexican resort town of Loreto. We explore the desert landscapes, the historic towns and go whale watching and sailing in the bay near Loreto.
Of course photography is our main purpose of this trip. The tour is led by Baja veteran Christian Heeb and professional nature photographer David Cobb.
Please send a request for detailed itinerary
8 days, 7 nights
US$ 3,950 /per person/double room sharing
US$ 900 /single room surplus
Maximal 5-7 participants
Round trip in our SUV vehicles from Loreto.
- Transportation from hotel in Loreto
- 7 nights in middle class hotels. In the countryside, more basic accommodations, but always with a private bath.
- 1 Whale watching tour
- 1 half day boat tour in the Loreto Bay
- Entrance fees as mentioned in the program
- Photographic supervision by David Cobb and Christian Heeb
- Flight to Loreto, Mexico (LTO)
- Transfer to hotel
- Vaccination, vaccination test, certificates if necessary
- Entry Immigration Form (FMM) Free of charge, but needs to be made online before flight.