August 19, 2023
Learn how to capture the milky way and the night sky in the High Desert with your camera
Central Oregon’s high altitude, crisp, clear air, low humidity and cool nights provide excellent conditions for Milky Way and Night Sky Photography. August is a wonderful time to head out and take photos here in Bend, Oregon.
Join Professional photographers Zack Schnepf and Barb Gonzalez for night sky outing to a scenic mountain lake. Learn to capture the milky way as its core rises over the landscape. If the conditions are right you can see and photograph the reflection in the water.
Learn how to use your head lamp as a creative light paint tool…
We self drive to a dark location near Bend. We select the location in regards to weather conditions.
We also offer Private Night Sky Photo Tours which can be booked all year.
$195 per person
max 6 / instructor
beginner to intermediate
- Read and respect our COVID-19 Rules
- If you ride with us in our cars you need to be fully vaccinated.
- If not, we expect participants to wear a mask or keep their distance to their fellow participants and instructors.
- Respect all local rules about wearing a face mask.
Saturday, August 19, 2023
6:00 pm: Meet in Bend at a location disclosed after booking and self drive to photo location. Once we arrive at our location, we will capture the sunset and wait for the milky way to appear. We will also light painting and night sky photography.
11:00 pm: Drive back home
What to bring:
- nights cool down in the mountains. Bring a jacket or warm sweater
- mosquito repellent
- sturdy tripod
- camera with wide angle lens. Ideally with f.2.8
- fully charged extra battery
- flashlight/headlamp with red light
- sturdy shoes we may walk up to 100 yards on uneven ground