July 5-7, 2019
Travel & Nature Photography Workshop
Exploring the Landscapes of Central Oregon
with Kevin McNeal and Christian Heeb
A weekend long immersion in Nature Photography with two professional photographers.
The Mid Cascade Mountains and the High Desert Canyons near the resort town of Bend, Oregon provide a stunning backdrop to our search for the perfect light. We visit and photograph broad vistas of basalt rimmed canyons, rushing waterfalls and rivers in deep green forests and will do our best to capture the famed peaks of the Cascade Range reflected in our mountain lakes here.
Kevin and Christian will present their vision of Travel and Nature Photography and provide insights and tips for better photos.
- night sky in dry climate
- stunning landscapes
- top professional photographer guides and teachers
- opportunity to create stunning images
- polarizer and neutral density filters
- logistics and planing
- Astro, night and light painting in the field
- the right time at the right place in nature
- landscapes dawn to dusk
- image review (bring up to 5 images for review)
- Tripod and some knowledge of your camera. You need to know how to use your camera and where to change your settings.
- We do short walks to locations. Please wear sturdy shoes. You should be fit enough to carry you gear up to a quarter mile and be able to get in and out of your car with no assistance required.
$450 per Person/ ride share. Please let us know if you like to ride in our Suburban car.
Course Level: Beginner to intermediate
Participants: max 12 persons
We recommend you book early and secure a place to stay in Bend as soon as possible.
Friday July 5 :
6 pm: Meet and greet in Bend. Short introduction.
7 pm: Head out to Dillon Falls for sunset photography.
Saturday July 6:
4 am: Meet in Bend and car pool to sunrise location possibly Sparks Lake.
7:30 am: Head back to town for Breakfast. (self pay)
1 pm: Meet for presentation on Travel and Nature Photography by Christian Heeb and Kevin McNeal. Image review and Q&A.
4 pm: Dinner in town. (self pay)
6:30 pm: Drive to The Cove Palisades State Park for sunset.
11 pm: Astro and light painting photography outside of Bend.
12 am: Around midnight drive back to Bend.
Sunday July 7
8 am: Breakfast in Town. (self pay)
9 am : Drive to Sahalie Falls, McKenzie River and McKenzie Pass. Exploration along scenic Highway Oregon Route 242.
2 pm: Drive back to Bend and end of Workshop.