June 11 – 18, 2022
Where the Buffalo roam
with David Cobb and Christian Heeb
Experience the beauty and abundance of landscapes and wildlife in this stunning and seldom-photographed part of the country. Your tour leaders’photographers David Cobb and Christian Heeb know the area intimately and will guide you to the best photo spots.
We’ll take our time exploring and photographing such gems as Sylvan Lake, herds of bison and antelope in Custer State Park, the rugged Badlands of South Dakota, and many spots in the Black Hills and surrounding areas. This time of the year the land is green and dotted with wildflowers as well as abundant wildlife with plenty of young. A photo session with a descendant of the Lakota is also included in this tour.
This tour can be combined with our Ghost Towns of the Plains tour.
$ 3,750 shared double room / per person
$4,900 single room
Course Level: Beginner to intermediate
max 8 participants
- 7 overnight stays in middle class motels
- Transportation during the tour from Rapid City
- Guided by David Cobb & Christian Heeb
- Flight to and from Rapid City
- Personal expenses
- Badlands National Park
- Black Hills
- Custer State Park
- Bison,antelope and other local wildlife
- Scenic landscapes with lakes, mountains & prairies
- Native American portrait session
- Off the beaten track locations