July 4 - 9, 2021 6 days
Lavender Fields of Southern France
We are pleased to offer you our popular Provence Photo Workshop in the blooming lavender landscape of southern France again in the summer of 2021. There is hardly a more comfortable and beautiful place to learn to take pictures or to deepen your knowledge of photography. For a short time, the lavender fields in Provence glow in photogenic purple and blue shades.
As in previous courses, we practice landscape photography and practice street photography in the photogenic towns of Provence.
We learn to use the camera correctly in backlight, to create HDR images. Christian and Thomas show you how to perceive light and thus create good photos.
As usual, we live in a cozy typical French Auberge with our friends Thea and Eric, which guarantees a great atmosphere and good food.
We are leading this workshop together with the Swiss photographer Thomas Heitmar. If you want, you can join the van with Thomas from Zurich or Bern.
- Use of tripod and polarizing filter
- Side lighting and back lighting
- Color temperature, ISO, time and aperture setting, dept of field
- Basics settings for night sky and stars photography
- magic hour
- use of fill flash and reflector
- reflected light and diffusers
- posing the model
- street scenes, capture motion
- camera settings and auto focus
COST for 6 day workshop Participants: 8-13 people!
Shared room, bath on corridor 1,950.00 EUR (~ US$ 2,190)
Single room, bath on corridor 2,350.00 EUR (~ US$ 2,640)
Shared room, Private Bathroom 2,010.00 EUR (~ US$ 2,260)
Single Room, Private Bathroom 2,670.00 EUR (~ US$ 3,000)
- We try to fulfill the room request, but can only guarantee this after the registration deadline.
- Transport from Zurich or Bern with Thomas Heitmar possible. Round trip cost 220 EUR. Space is limited.
- Arriving by train to Avignon, France or by vehicle directly to our Auberge. Cost of transport from Avignon to Apt and back 140 EUR
- 5 overnight stays including breakfast and light dinner
- Transportation in Van araound our Auberge. Self drive possible
- Entry fees as mentioned in itinerary
- Photography support and guided by Christian Heeb & Thomas Heitmar
- Transport to Auberge in France
- All other meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Health and travel insurance
July 4-9, 2021
6 days/ 5 nights itinerary
Sunday, July 4:
Morning: Individual travel to our Auberge near Apt, France. Or drive with Thomas Haitmar from Zurich or Bern, Switzerland in his van. **
Late Afternoon: Arrive at our charming Auberge near Abt. Welcome aperitifs with Thea and Eric, our hosts, then take evening pictures and light dinners in the typical French courtyard.
Monday, July 5:
Morning: Sunrise in the town of Roussillion with a magnificent view of the city. Afterwards photography of the first flowering lavender fields. Picture presentation and short introduction to photography by Christian Heeb and Thomas Heitmar. Questions and answers.
Afternoon: drive to Valensole with landscape photography in the surrounding fields. After the sunset back to light dinner at the Auberge.
Tuesday, July 6:
Morning: Sunrise at Banon with lavender fields. Lunch break.
Afternoon: Simple portrait photography study in the courtyard of the Auberge with local model and subsequent landscape photography in the area according to the best lavender flowers.
Wednesday, July 7:
Morning: Experience the Sunrise and the first soft light in the Luberon near Lacoste. Rest break during the day and late lunch.
Afternoon: Drive to Valensole and Lavender fields for sunset with blue hour and stars photography.
Thursday, July 8
Full Day: Another day to take pictures according to local conditions.
Friday, July 9:
Morning: Sunrise close to our Auberge and after breakfast individual departure as booked.
We reserve the right to adjust the program if necessary.
**Early reservation for transportation from Bern or Zurich is necessary, since space is limited. Optional self drive or train arrival, see *