July 5-10, 2020 6 days
Lavender Fields of Southern France
We are happy to announce our return to Provence during the lavender bloom in Southern France. After several highly enjoyable past Workshops we are happy to invite you to our 2020 Workshops and Tours in Provence.
Our French Friends Thea and Eric will host us at their wonderful Auberge in the countryside surrounded by orchards and classical Provence landscapes. This location is the ultimate charming France experience. We are close to such stunning locations as the Village of Gordes, the Abbaye de Senanque and the famous Luberon of Peter Mayle the British writer who made this part of the world famous for new generation of travelers.
While we enjoy and photograph the many delights of this beautiful region we also immerse ourselves into the art of photography from technique to composition and the use of light. While we focus on landscape photography we also try our hand on portrait photography with natural light, street photography and a night sky photography.
In 2020 we offer our Provence Photo Workshop as a 6 day Workshop, with transfer options from Zurich, Switzerland or Avignon, France.
We are looking forward to a wonderful time in Provence.
- Use of tripod and polarizing filter
- Side lighting and back lighting
- Color temperature, ISO, time and aperture setting, dept of field
- Basics settings for night sky and stars photography
- magic hour
- use of fill flash and reflector
- reflected light and diffusers
- posing the model
- street scenes, capture motion
- camera settings and auto focus
COST for 6 day workshop Participants: 8-13 people!
Shared room, bath on corridor 1,950.00 EUR (~ US$ 2,190) 1 spot available
Single room, bath on corridor 2,350.00 EUR (~ US$ 2,640) 2 rooms available
Shared room, Private Bathroom 2,010.00 EUR (~ US$ 2,260) full
Single Room, Private Bathroom 2,670.00 EUR (~ US$ 3,000) 1 room available
- We try to fulfill the room request, but can only guarantee this after the registration deadline.
- Transport from Zurich or Bern with Thomas Heitmar possible. Round trip cost 220 EUR. Space is limited. 2 spots available
- Arriving by train to Avignon, France or by vehicle directly to our Auberge. Cost of transport from Avignon to Apt and back 140 EUR
- 5 overnight stays including breakfast and light dinner
- Transportation in Van araound our Auberge. Self drive possible
- Entry fees as mentioned in itinerary
- Photography support and guided by Christian Heeb & Thomas Heitmar
- Transport to Auberge in France
- All other meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Health and travel insurance
We want to make new bookings as easy as possible during this difficult time. Therefore we won't require a deposit for workshop registrations. Simply send us an email with your full name and phone # and tell us which workshop with add-ons you want to attend. If we can carry out the workshop, we will ask you to bring a check.This way we all stay very flexible to carry out or cancel a workshop last minute. Simply use the contact form above.
July 5-10, 2020
6 days/ 5 nights itinerary
Sunday, July 5:
Morning: Individual travel to our Auberge near Apt, France. Or drive with Thomas Haitmar from Zurich or Bern, Switzerland in his van. **
Late Afternoon: Arrive at our charming Auberge near Abt. Welcome aperitifs with Thea and Eric, our hosts, then take evening pictures and light dinners in the typical French courtyard.
Monday, July 6:
Morning: Sunrise in the town of Roussillion with a magnificent view of the city. Afterwards photography of the first flowering lavender fields. Picture presentation and short introduction to photography by Christian Heeb and Thomas Heitmar. Questions and answers.
Afternoon: drive to Valensole with landscape photography in the surrounding fields. After the sunset back to light dinner at the Auberge.
Tuesday, July 7:
Morning: Sunrise at Banon with lavender fields. Lunch break.
Afternoon: Simple portrait photography study in the courtyard of the Auberge with local model and subsequent landscape photography in the area according to the best lavender flowers.
Wednesday, July 8:
Morning: Experience the Sunrise and the first soft light in the Luberon near Lacoste. Rest break during the day and late lunch.
Afternoon: Drive to Valensole and Lavender fields for sunset with blue hour and stars photography.
Thursday, July 9
Full Day: Another day to take pictures according to local conditions.
Friday, July 10:
Morning: Sunrise close to our Auberge and after breakfast individual departure as booked.
We reserve the right to adjust the program if necessary.
**Early reservation for transportation from Bern or Zurich is necessary, since space is limited. Optional self drive or train arrival, see *