August 11, 2021
Night Sky Astro photography
The dark sky over the high desert near Bend, Oregon is one of the best places to observe and photograph the night sky. Join our veteran pro photographer to view and shoot the magnificent annual Perseid Meteor Shower above the desert landscape.
This workshop will concentrate on simple night sky photography with minimal gear.
- Professional photographer on hand
- Peak of the Perseid meteor shower
You are welcome to bring a tracker device or to shoot intervals for star stacking.
What you’ll need:
- A camera that can be operated manually – crop sensor or full frame
- A wide angle zoom lens (10-22mm for crop sensor; 16-35 mm for full frame)
- Good lens choices include Irix 15mm 2.4. or Rokinon 14mm 2.8
- A sturdy tripo
- A light with a red light option
$150 per person
max 10 persons
beginner to intermediate
Wednesday, August 11, 2021
7:30 pm: Meet at Walgreens. 2727 NE Hwy 20 in Bend, Oregon. This is on the east side corner, Highway 20 and 27th street. Carpool to location.
8:00 pm: Arrive at location. We will decide the location depending on weather conditions.
8: 15 pm: Sunset. We may get a few photos but our priority will be to familiarize ourselves with the location for night photography.
9:00 pm: Night Sky photography with meteor shower, with possible light painting.
Midnight: End of Outing, head back to Bend.