June 18 – 25, 2022
Ghost Towns of the Great Plains
North Dakota is surprisingly photogenic–think of it as the Palouse on steroids. Many of these lands were abandoned in the 1930s during the dustbowl era, then the 1950s-70s saw the buildings and small towns of a more modern era again deserted by farming families who migrated due to big agriculture and mechanization.
But many old homesteads, churches, barns, and schools remain from these earlier times. On this tour you’ll have the opportunity to photograph numerous abandoned gems and see firsthand these left-behind striking and eerie structures.
This tour can be combined with our Prairielands of South Dakota tour.
$ 3,750 shared double room / per person
$4,900 single room
max 8 participants
beginner to intermediate
inquire for rideshare from and to Oregon
- 7 overnight stays in good middle class motels
- Transportation during the tour from Rapid City to Williston
- Guided by David Cobb & Christian Heeb
- Flight to Rapid City (RAP) and from Williston (XWA)
- Personal expenses
- Ghost Towns
- Old Schoolhouses
- Off the beaten track locations
- Abandoned America