Sept 25 - Oct 2, 2021
Colorado & New Mexico Photo Tour
Explore the aspen-filled mountains of southern Colorado during its autumn splendor. Photographers David Cobb and Christian Heeb will guide you to some of the area’s best photo locations. We’ll explore scenic parts of Colorado and northern New Mexico. Visiting scenic landscapes, bizarre badlands, deserts, ghost towns, mining towns, historic villages, and cultural sites. This tour showcases a broad mix of landscapes and Americana.
Photography of scenic western landscapes with Aspen groves and mountain peaks.
It can be combined consecutively with the previous weeks Fall Colors in Colorado Photo Workshop from September 19-25, 2021.
- Aspen forests and stunning mountain scenes
- Taos Pueblo and adobe architecture
- Steam Trains and remote small towns
- Rio Grande River Gorge
- Desert landscapes with wide horizon
$ 2,990 / per person / shared double room
single room surplus $1,1006-10 persons
Course Level: Beginner to advanced
If you book a shared double room and end in a single, additional cost may apply.
- 8 nights accommodation in middle class Motels
- transportation from Grand Junction to Albuquerque
- entry fees to Parks
- supported by Christian Heeb & David Cobb
- I you ride with us in our cars you need to be vaccinated.
- We also expect all participants to wear a mask or keep their distance to their fellow participants and instructors.
- Ask about self drive option.
Pick-up and Departure
- Transportation/start of tour from Grand Junction Airport (GJT) is at noon on Saturday, September 25, 2021. Plan to arrive well before noon.
- Departure from Albuquerque Airport (ABQ) is about 1:30pm on Saturday, October 2, 2021. Plan your flight to be after 3pm
September 25 – October 2, 2021
Saturday, Sept. 25: Individual morning arrival at Grand Junction Airport (GJT). We leave Airport in our cars at noon. Overnight in Ridgway, CO
Sunday, Sept. 26: After a morning landscape session and breakfast we’ll travel over scenic mountain roads by way of Ouray to the historic town of Silverton. We’ll photograph foliage, mountains, a historic gold mine, and a ghost town. Overnight Silverton, CO
Monday, Sept. 27: Drive over mountain passes to Durango, with aspen groves and lakes, and then on to Farmington, NM. An afternoon photo session of badlands and scenic desert vistas. Overnight Farmington, NM
Tuesday, Sept. 28: After a morning photo session at Ship Rock (one of the sacred mountains of the Navajo people), we’ll drive to the charming town of Chama, New Mexico. Chama is known for its’ historic steam train and fall color. Overnight Chama, NM
Wednesday, Sept. 29: Drive to the artist community of Taos on the foothills of the Sangre de Christo Mountains. We’ll visit a Taos Indian pueblo and explore this historic town with elements of Anglo, Hispanic and Native cultures and architecture. Overnight Taos
Thursday, Sept. 30: Today we’ll follow the legendary Taos High Road through aspen forests and visit small Hispanic pueblos on our way to Santa Fe. Overnight Santa Fe
Friday, October 1: Another day in Santa Fe. Explore Tent Rocks and Bandelier National Monument. Overnight Santa Fe
Saturday, October 2: We’ll travel by way of an old mining town to Albuquerque, NM. Afternoon flight home. We expect to arrive at ABQ Airport at 1:30pm. Please book your flight for late afternoon departure.
We reserve the right to modify the itinerary if necessary.