Day & Night Sky Photography
Join us for an afternoon and evening of creative photography at the Historic Western Village of Fort Rock in the Oregon Outback.
Enjoy photographing the historic buildings and the surrounding landscape in the late afternon. We have exclusive acces to the site and will use the rising full moon in parts of our composition.
We will light paint the buildings and utilize the light of the full moon as well as our LED flash lights.
This Workshop is limited to 8 Participants to give everyone enough space to shoot.
If you want to photograph the night sky only, we have a Night Sky in the High Desert Workshop.
$125/person early booking rate
Course Level: Beginner to intermediate
Participants: max 8 persons
- entry and special permit for night photography at historic village
- photography instruction
Saturday, July 8, 2017
4:30 pm: Meet at the Cascade Center of Photography for a short briefing
5:00 pm: Leave for Fort Rock
6:15-10:30 pm: Photography at Fort Rock with last evening light until sunset and Night Photography
10:30 pm: Drive back to Bend
Remember to bring:
- camera with lenses 24 – 200mm
- fully charged batteries
- warm sweater
- snack & water
Christian will discuss the following topics:
- lens and focal length selection
- understanding aperture, shutter and speed of your camera
- white balance
- how to use light to your advantage
- how to shoot after dark with tripod
- light painting with flashlights and how to capture the moon
Before registering you must read our Terms & Conditions
Day & Night Photography Workshop Fort Rock Historic Village